A Valentine's Night Dinner for two.
Prawn Cocktail with Marie Rose Sauce
* shelled prawns
* olive oil, salt and pepper, paprika, and dill to taste
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 3 tbsp mayonnaise
* 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
* 2 tsp Worcester sauce (to taste)
* 2 tsp lemon juice
* lemon slice
For the sauce: Mix together the mayonnaise, the tomato ketchup, the Worcester sauce and lemon juice. Add more tomato ketchup and Worcester sauce to taste.1. Spoon tbsp of the sauce into bottom of glass.
2. Cut up the lettuce into small pieces and place on top of sauce.
3. Season the shelled prawns with olive oil, salt and pepper, paprika, and dill - place on the bed of lettuce.
4. Drizzle more of the sauce over the prawns and lettuce.
5. Cut the lemon into segments and use to garnish the dish.
Cognac Peppercorn Steak with Grilled Asparagus
Bunch of asparagus
1/3 cup shallots, chopped
2 tbsp peppercorns, ground
½ cup cognac
¾ cup whipping cream
1 tbsp tarragon
1 tsp Dijon
1.Bring beef to room temperature and season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill steaks on med-high heat, 4 min per side. Grill asparagus(lightly coated in olive oil and salt and pepper) at same time. Transfer the heated platter and keep warm.
3. In skillet, heat oil over med-high heat, add shallots, cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add peppercorns, cognac, whipping cream, tarragon and Dijon. Boil on high for 2-3 minutes until shiny bubbles form.
5. Plate steak and asparagus – pour sauce over steak and serve immediately.