Sunday 6 May 2012

Ghidoni's Quinoa Stuffed Peppers


This recipe comes from a friend of mine, Chris Ghidoni.
Chris, in my book, is a wonder-woman...she's a whiz in the garden, kitchen and she even plays the blues! I've gotta say, I was in awe when she told me she even makes her own pasta.
She was my go-to girl for advice last year when I was thinking to do an herb garden on the balcony...and that turned out so well, I couldn't have been more pleased.
So when Mark came home from work with a recipe from Chris, I knew I had to try it and blog it.


Ghidoni’s Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients
Bell Peppers
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup quinoa
½ red onion, chopped
1 Portobello mushroom, chopped
½ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped (my own add-in)
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/8 cup chives, chopped
Feta cheese – enough to cover all of the peppers

Directions
Cut tops off peppers, clean out seeds, etc.
Bring chicken stock to a boil and add quinoa. Let quinoa simmer for a few minutes and turn heat off with the lid on and allow finish cooking.
Preheat oven to 350.
Heat a large sauce pan to medium low heat. Add oil and onions. Once onions are soft add garlic, tomatoes, mushroom and fresh herbs. Keep cooking until mushrooms are cooked through.
Add cooked quinoa and mix together.
Allow mixture to cool slightly and spoon into peppers. 
Top with feta and bake for 30 minutes.
Veg with a little plain yogurt drizzle
 The peppers were amazing. One with a little veg on the side was enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment