Last week we went to see Beady Eye at the Commodore Ballroom.
For those of you not familiar with the band, Beady Eye is Liam Gallaghar and the other Oasis members, minus Noel Gallaghar.
Last night we leaped into the holidays with the Artsclub production of White Christmas, at the Stanley on Granville Street.
It was a lovely evening and a great way to get into the Christmas spirit.
I've been watching loads of Christmas cooking specials - Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver, and Nigella.
Today I'm preparing some apple and cranberrry chutney, as seen on Nigella Lawson's Christmas Kitchen, 2007, episode 4.
- 4 to 5 cooking apples, peeled, quartered, cored and chopped small, about 4½ cups (1.125 L)
- 11/2 cups (375 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250 mL) super-fine sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground turmeric
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Maldon salt or 1 tsp (5 mL) table salt
- 4 1 cup (250 mL) sealable jars, with vinegar-proof lids
|Simmered and ready to bottle|
|Beautiful...makes a wonderful gift as well|